Saturday, May 9, 2009

Carolynn S.Tucker

Duality, Torn_acrylic on panel_24x24_2009........$200

Gallery 141's latest featured artist is Carolynn S. Tucker. She is a graduate of Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD with her Bachelor's Degree in 2-D Studio Art. Tucker grew up on the Eastern Shore of Virginia and has fairly recently moved to Lancaster County. Her debut show is titled, "Rough Around the Edges". It is a mixture of acrylic paintings on wood and pencil drawings. The subject matter is very whimsical and colorful. Big, bold eyes are the focal point on the faces of the wooden stars. Carolynn says, " The work really touches on my emotions and expression. I use my art as a way to 'overcome negativity' in my life and vent my feelings. I hope that each individual can get something from these works. This is my dream, for my art to be shared and to even possibly INSPIRE others".
First Friday 5/1/09 was the grand opening.
In case you missed it, please join us on Music Friday
May 15th, 2009

Darkest Hour_acrylic on wood_2009......$100

To view the entire show please go to http://www.carolynntucker.blogspot.com/

No comments: